Saturday, October 4, 2008

two weekends of camping

Second weekend in a row going camping with the boys. No rain and cool temperatures have been perfect camping weather. If I can figure out how to transfer pictures from my cell phone to the computer, I'll post a couple things we experienced. This weekend's cub scout camp was next to St. Rita's School for the Deaf. I-75 was in eye shot and ear shot. This is what you call "urban camping." We had a great camp fire program. The executive director of the Freedom Center was there to tell his story about his family. His family were enslaved by Col. Westmoreland. There were also two actors who portrayed a man who helped escaped slaves through the Underground and another man who talked about being born a slave and able to be free. It made a good impression on my boys. The morning was bb guns and bows and arrows. We also had some Civil War reenactment folks who shot off a cannon and some muskets and showed off some artifacts. We were all done before lunch. After two weekends in a row, everyone is camped out.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Depending on your phone plan - i.e. whether you have email included - you might be able to email the pictures to yourself, then get them to the blog. I posted some this way from New Orleans several years ago - actually directly to an email that put them on my blog for me. I can dig up how that worked if you want to know.